Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:14:24 pm

Author Topic: Watching Syracuse vs Indiana....  (Read 3015 times)

BigNasty826

• HEY MAN!
    • View Profile
Watching Syracuse vs Indiana....
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:05 pm »
And every time I hear someone say "Indiana" all I can think about is Brain saying
"ENN DEE AUNNA... CHOOT IT"

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
Re: Watching Syracuse vs Indiana....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:43:00 pm »
IU fan and Indiana native here, that was a pathetic performance. Zeller's draft stock just plummeted. He in not ready for the NBA. Crean out coached again....turrible

ChrisInBhamAL

• Intentional walk me bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
Not sure how Crean was out coached. He was out playered if anything.

Syracuse shot the ball well and on the D end, was long and athletic at every spot.

Not sure what Crean could have done differerntly.

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:34:24 pm »
You aren't from Indiana, I assume. He is getting killed here for the loss. I don't put it all on him,  but that 2-3 zone is not like some new fad that befuddles everyone. IU had trouble all year with physical teams. Lost twice to Wisconsin, who plays slow, grind it out ball. Almost lost to Temple, who slowed it down and got ugly. This years team thrived on playing fast and transition ball. Zeller never really lived up to the hype, had a solid season but shrunk from more physical big men. See the Minnesota loss, and Syracuse. He has no mid range shot. That is on the staff, to help him develop one. Every time he went into the paint the other night he got murdered, but they weren't calling it. And when they aren't, a 7 footer needs to be able to hit a mid range shot. All in all, Syracuse was a terrible matchup for an IU team with two smurfs for guards. And they hit 50% from the field. That is hard to beat. But the Cuse lost nine times this year, so it's not like they were unstoppable. Crean deserves PART of the blame. Had Indiana drawn the overall #1 seed they would be playing Duke in the Elite Eight tomorrow.