Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:19:10 am

Author Topic: Homophobic  (Read 3560 times)

ChewyBees

• View Profile
Homophobic
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »
The sports and newscasters on this rock need to quit using the word homophobic just because someone called someone else a (little bundle of wood).  Calling someone a (little bundle of wood) doesn't mean that you are fearful of the homosexual lifestyle or want to go out and threaten gay people, any sooner than calling someone a (another name for a cat) means that you are afraid of (another name for a cat)'s or want to got out an threaten an actual (another name for a cat).  If I call someone a (Cheney's first name) that doesn't mean I want to go out and whack some (Cheney's first name).

The Rutgers incident may make coach Rice out to be an insensitive jerk, but it doesn't make him homophobic.

If he was yelling (little bundle of wood) at people leaving the gay bar, then you might have a case.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: Homophobic
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:53:36 pm »
the word fag is used as more of an insult than calling someone a homosexual these days

ChewyBees

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 01:32:45 pm »
My point exactly.  It's a derogatory term, not an attempt at threatening some (ridiculously) protected class of society.  Thus, it is not homophobic to call someone a faggot.

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:03:05 pm »
I thought a "homophobe" is when two words sound the same but are spelled differently. Or is that a synonym?

-Bury Cats,
Homophobe

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 01:58:09 pm »
I'm so homophobic I won't even throw clothes in the closet

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile