Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:57:29 pm

Author Topic: Time to bring @magic_uno back in the fold  (Read 8298 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Time to bring @magic_uno back in the fold
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »
JJ,

I think we all learned from the Kim Genovisi episode. Nobody in the #THTC is entitled to have tweets read, win the contest, tell you what jokes to make, etc. Most of all, I think we all learned what your Twitter timeline must look like in the off hours of the show and have tried to respect that.

What you've done with Twitter since you first started using it filling in for Rome (and read my tweet on the first day of that, @Fotabulous) is amazing. It's changed sports radio, probably talk radio, and most importantly, brought fans of your show together. #THTC. We tweet after-hours because we're all funny as hell and enjoy doing it.

Jesus isn't Vic in NoCal. If Jesus put his best effort forward, he couldn't be as big of a douche as Victor is before he wakes up. Jesus got passionate about this because he cares. He's a good, hard-working guy. Loves his family. Has loved the show from day 1. He's not good at being a hater or an enemy.

So... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL YOU UNBLOCK HIM SO HE DOESN'T CLUTTER OUR TIMELINES WITH THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF BEING BLOCKED BY @JAYMOHR37??

Thanks, JJ.

-Brad
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:04:46 pm by BuryCats »

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Gape Miner

• View Profile
Re: Time to bring @magic_uno back in the fold
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »
I hate to break it to you but I am almost positive that jayjay likes Vic a whole helluva lot more than he does magic uno. Regardless of how often they went back and forth against eachother. Anyways, to your points.. No, jayjay, don't do it.

#mohrofjayjayandlessofjuanisbetterforeveryjuan

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:49 pm »
i want him back.  he works for cheap  :lol

he administered stucknuts takebox for a while, then compiled all the THTC data for me.   8)

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
  • It Doesn't Matter What You Think!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:56:08 pm »
i want him back.  he works for cheap  :lol

he administered stucknuts takebox for a while, then compiled all the THTC data for me.   8)

to quote Dr Dre:

"man, I started the Twitter hat trick list, and this the motherf*cking thanks I get?"

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »
Come on JJ..he's a good kid!! Let him back in!! Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry on the very very top!! :)

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:47:03 pm »
Personally, and I've said this before, I like Magic_Uno, and I wish everyone could wipe the slate clean and just start all over. But Jesus, I honestly think you're your own worst enemy in this thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Jay was about to unblock you a couple times, only to find out that you just went off on him again. I know what it's like to be stubborn, because I'm the same way about certain things, but you have to be willing to look at things from both sides if you ever want to understand where the other guy's coming from. Just my opinion.

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »
Personally, and I've said this before, I like Magic_Uno, and I wish everyone could wipe the slate clean and just start all over. But Jesus, I honestly think you're your own worst enemy in this thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Jay was about to unblock you a couple times, only to find out that you just went off on him again. I know what it's like to be stubborn, because I'm the same way about certain things, but you have to be willing to look at things from both sides if you ever want to understand where the other guy's coming from. Just my opinion.

Hey, I said nothing but nice things about him, even in the wake of my blocking.  I still think he overreacted.  He blocked EVERYBODY for Christ's sake!  Even those who had nothing to do with the the Kim fiasco.

Since then, those of you who apologized to him have been unblocked.  I haven't apologized, because I don't think I did anything wrong in the first place.

So, again, if he comes correct and owns up to the fact that he melted down unnecessarily and went ballistic on all of us, then I'll respect his little imaginary line of "fair warning", and will refrain from tweeting him any of my input, which he deems to be "telling him how to run his show".  I'm still going to speak my mind though.  Blocked or not.  I didn't troll him in the first place.  I'm not some random, face-less, name-less hater that went off on him.  I know the show.  Listen to the show daily.  Contribute to it.  Have had many of my jokes read on the show.  What I don't understand is why he can't see that we weren't coming from a bad place with any of it. 

If anything, he still owes you guys an apology back.  But that's just my take on it. 

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
Uno, there are a couple things you gotta understand. Search Twitter for @jaymohr37 after hours. Then look at his tweets including replies. He consistently uses the account for more than us goofing off with his radio show. I'm pretty sure it would weigh on me at 4am if a bunch of people were calling me out for making pervert cracks about Mike. That's JJ's humor. Hell, if I took his reaction (and tweeter's reaction) to Betty/Don seriously, I'd be hurt as all hell for being the worst grandson ever!! It's schtick. It's what he did with the material in front of him.

I don't think you have to apologize. I think all you really have to do is convey that you understand. Call what I did ball washing, but that was the point. We get it. We'll take discussion of the show here. We'll laugh when the JJ cannon gets pointed at us as hard as we laugh when it's pointed at other people. And holy shit, to have a bunch of people writing paragraphs at a time about how he does his show!! Are you f-ing kidding me how that doesn't suck?

Dog needs to walk. You guys all do a group hug and get this problem solved. Please!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:34:19 pm by BuryCats »

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »
Uno, there are a couple things you gotta understand. Search Twitter for @jaymohr37 after hours. Then look at his tweets including replies. He consistently uses the account for more than us goofing of with his radio show. I'm pretty sure it would weigh on me at 4am if a bunch of people were calling me out for making pervert cracks about Mike. That's JJ's humor. Hell, if I took his reaction (and tweeter's reaction) to Betty/Don seriously, I'd be hurt as all hell for being the worst grandson ever!! It's schtick. It's what he did with the material in front of him.

I don't think you have to apologize. I think all you really have to do is convey that you understand. Call what I did ball washing, but that was the point. We get it. We'll take discussion of the show here. And holy shit, to have a bunch of people writing paragraphs at a time about how he does his show!! Are you f-ing kidding me how that doesn't suck?

Dog needs to walk. You guys all do a group hug and get this problem solved. Please!

I think you forgot that we just disagreed with him turning the attention back to Mike, when we all felt that he should've just let Mike have his day in the sun and played along.  That was the gist of it all.  From there, it just snowballed.  In fact, I wasn't even on Twitter when he started issuing his "fair warnings" to the rest of the guys.  I just got wind of it later in the evening.

Anyway, I'm sick of talking about that.  It's done. 

I think someone suggested that he should get a separate account, just for the show, which I think is a good idea.  That would filter out all of the #jaymohrsports stuff out of his timeline.  And if you had a take on the show, you could tweet that account during show hours. 

I do understand there are limits.  However, I don't think what we did constituted as a violation.  And I do appreciate that you decided to step up and open the dialogue.  Whether it is a ballwash or not.  Interaction and discussion is good.  However, I don't have time for the trolling and tarding.  Leave that shit on Stucknut.

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »

"You're a good kid, Magic_Uno."  ..Just let things blow over & hopefully before you know it, you'll be looking back at it all and laughing. Good luck. (and I mean that.)

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:57:46 pm »
Jay should give annoying people a limited time ban....but people who do personal attacks obviously lifetime ban

i'm sure Uno learned his lesson about bugging Jay

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »
How the hell do you get banned from  a Radio Show? :lol

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »
How the hell do you get banned from  a Radio Show? :lol

Um, I don't know.  Maybe cuz the host is "very, very sensitive"?

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:05 am »
Um, I don't know.  Maybe cuz the host is "very, very sensitive"?

Kinda like Pool doc and bjork at SN? :lol

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 12:08:34 am »
Now I'm done.