Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:03:32 pm

Author Topic: Heh Jay, theres a sport called golf.  (Read 3614 times)

Bob Cat

• View Profile
Heh Jay, theres a sport called golf.
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »
Great show, you're a fresh breeze Jay, but you gotta add golf to your repertoire; it spawns great comedy and tragedy on a regular basis, Sunday's action at the Players a shining example.  I know its a sport that seems dominated by lawyerly country-club dickheads, but you gotta look through that to the sport itself.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
Re: Heh Jay, theres a sport called golf.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »
Golf is more of an activity.

Anything you can do while drinking a beer isnt a sport. :lol

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »
Lots of things that we call "sports" aren't really that. Poker/Bowling/Darts on ESPN, curling at the Olympics (they used to smoke while playing before everywhere went smoke free), etc. Golf is somewhere in the middle. Tiger can bench press 300 lbs, or could at the time his workout routine was chronicled in Men's Fitness a few years back, but Angel Cabrera was until recently smoking during his rounds! Tiger came along and brought the fitness aspect into golf, and a lot of guys followed, realizing that more strength = more distance...But that said, tons of other pros sport guts, man boobs, etc. It's weird. You had Adam Scott, a pretty fit guy, in a playoff with an middle-aged former chain smoking Spaniard at the Masters (Cabrera). Scott could run laps around Cabrera who would probably die if JJ's "run after the shot" thing was implemented...yet they were shot for shot until the end. Crazy...

Long-winded rant over, I say golf is a sport...it's not Olympic swimming, but it ain't poker either. And it takes more skill than wearing sunglasses inside while playing cards

Bob Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:26:27 am »
Men, its a sport.  A strange sport perhaps because you can't try.  You have to "let go".  The harder you try the worse you'll do.  And, believe me, if everyone could do it, these pros wouldn't be making millions a year.

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 01:15:09 pm »
You don't have long,
I am on to you
The time, it has come to destroy...

Your supremacy
Supremacy

Bob Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:21 pm »
Watch your mouth Supremey

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »
golf sucks