Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 01:35:12 am

Author Topic: Buzz Wiliams recruits LeBron, hilarity ensues.  (Read 2856 times)

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
Buzz Wiliams recruits LeBron, hilarity ensues.
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:06 pm »
That segment was pretty damn funny...even Don got in on it. I loved when JJ went off the rails and suggested everyone take their shirts off. Props to Buzz for being a good sport. That bit epitomizes why JJ is so much better than his predecessor. Can you even imagine Rome trying that? No way in hell, not today.
Ballwash over....

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

MEAD_indeed

• Canadian Twitter Hat Trick Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz Wiliams recruits LeBron, hilarity ensues.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39:41 pm »
Totally, Rome's move to CBS has def. made his show more clean cut, and less room for shenanigans.
That's why I love Jay's show, it still talks about the passion of sports, but let's people feel loose, and like
they can be themselves \m/

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:34:54 am »
Exactly...though to be more accurate, Rome went "corporate" years ago before the move to CBS. Things he used to hate like horse racing and NASCAR, they are now part of his show all the time. He fired his long time producer and replaced him with a reality show star with no experience. He got rid of "clone" (listener) interaction nearly altogether with the exception of the yearly Smackoff. Then he ruined that by naming a prominent MMA fighter the "champion"....JJ hopefully will not go down that road, and keep randomly asking his interviewees who their favorite pro wrestlers are, who their top 3 rappers are, etc. And keep up the listener interaction. "More of me, less of you" was Rome's calling card. "It's not me, it's we" is JJ's. That's why I made the switch.

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:58 am »
haven't listened to Rome once in 2013

can't say I miss him :-x