Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:44:39 pm

Author Topic: #THTC Book Club  (Read 4577 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
#THTC Book Club
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »
The #THTC Book Club app is now ready. Think of it as more brochure-ware about what each contributor likes rather than a bookshelf we can all edit. Point your phone, tablet, or browser here:

http://yogurteater.com:3015/

If you'd like to have a different picture, add contact information, or add a text or voice memo, add a book, etc., DM me on the Twitter and I'll take care of it for you. If you'd like to be in the club, post some books and authors below, and I'll add you. Preference to #THTC members or people who've been read regularly on the show.

All Amazon links make JJ a little richer, so please use those if you decide to buy a book so JJ can continue to keep us in stitches. And if you know anyone who would like their own book club that works nice on phones and tablets, point them my way, please!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:20:51 am by BuryCats »

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: #THTC Book Club
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:54:20 am »
i'm reading a biography on George Carlin called "The life and crimes of George Carlin" that's pretty f*ckin' spectacular.

also, "Bossypants" by Tina Fey is not what i thought it would be, in a good way.

themanofletters

• @themanofletters on twitter
    • View Profile
Re: #THTC Book Club
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 03:09:37 pm »
You can add me to book club, Hutch.

I just finished Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It is a creative, trippy romantic romp through time and space. The novel is written by a true pro with a knack for sci-fi. When utilizing the interconnected generations motif, books tend to become lost and confusing. Not Cloud Atlas. Mitchell handles the trope deftly, leaving quite an interesting read in his wake. The way he assumes so many unique voices effortlessly throughout the novel is also a plus.
Buy it http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Atlas-Novel-David-Mitchell/dp/0375507256/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380830899&sr=8-2&keywords=cloud+atlas