Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:14:06 pm

Author Topic: picking of nits.  (Read 3632 times)

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
picking of nits.
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »
This is, admittedly, a minor annoyance, on what is a very strong show, but JJ has been so good about listening to the fans, so i figured it's worth a go.

One of the things that Gym Foam used to do that drove me nuts was to tweet something the previous night, and then read it word for word on the show the next day.

I get it, not everyone who listens is on Twitter, but is it really that hard to drop a "i tweeted earlier," at the beginning of the take?

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does, just feels kinda hacky or something.

i dunno, whatever. keep up the great work #mohrriorforlife

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

jayjay

• View Profile
Re: picking of nits.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:40:37 pm »
This confuses me.

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:44:08 pm »
"I read this on jaymohrsports.com....." -Jay Mohr, 07/02/2013

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 11:27:12 pm »
twatter :lol

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 04:37:13 am »
This confuses me.

Confuses you because you don't know what I mean, or because you can't understand why something so minor bothers me?

Today, on the show, you did a take about how Dwight has managed to make the Lakers into something they've never been...ordinary. Which was something you tweeted, word for word, earlier.

Jim used to do that all time, and it always felt to me like he was trying to play off what was obviously a written piece as though it was improv rant, just coming up with it in the heat of the moment, because he's so sharp and quick.

like i said, it's nitpicking. but "it's just like i tweeted earlier, @jaymohr37, dwight howard has made the lakers into something..." just sounds a lot more honest to me.

your show still rules though

El Cos

• Mohrrior
  • get to the chopppah~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 07:48:08 am »
hey Jay Jay, update the fake mustache studio website!? get your squarespace on and add the perpetual 5 o"clock shadow (adam ray) and the short one (brad) podcast and Barry one Katz on ee too!

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 08:50:40 am »
Confuses you because you don't know what I mean, or because you can't understand why something so minor bothers me?

Today, on the show, you did a take about how Dwight has managed to make the Lakers into something they've never been...ordinary. Which was something you tweeted, word for word, earlier.

Jim used to do that all time, and it always felt to me like he was trying to play off what was obviously a written piece as though it was improv rant, just coming up with it in the heat of the moment, because he's so sharp and quick.

like i said, it's nitpicking. but "it's just like i tweeted earlier, @jaymohr37, dwight howard has made the lakers into something..." just sounds a lot more honest to me.

your show still rules though

Oh come on now.

Rome is parrotting clown that needs Kyle there to spoon feed him unfunny, uninteresting takes.  JJ and the entire room of characters is so far beyond that style of feigned 'cutting edge' bullshit that Gym Foam scripted back in the 90s.

Thats a very Magic Puto take there Judo... :lol