Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:56:45 pm

Author Topic: Inside Jokes on the Jay Mohr Sports Show -- JJ answers your questons!  (Read 111479 times)

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: Inside Jokes on the Jay Mohr Sports Show -- JJ answers your questons!
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2014, 09:39:18 am »
Not really sure what you're referring to.  Will have to listen for that.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Enrico Freem

• View Profile
JAY NEEDS TO READ THIS! LOCAL STATION P.D. TELLS ME NOT TO LISTEN TO HIS STATIO
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2014, 03:32:38 pm »
"I complained to the local radio PD about not carrying Jay after the time change (they have a local show) and this is what he sent back (props to him):"

I apologize for the mass email. I hate getting them and I hate sending them….but there are too many of you to do it individually. Seriously.

So….I know you are disappointed, frustrated, sad, mad, etc….about your loss of Jay Mohr. I get it. So I am offering this olive branch of peace. I NEVER do this because selfishly I want you to listen to Fox Sports 1280. But here goes…..

Hopefully you already know about this….but if not here is the link so you can get 24hours of Jay. It’s his channel on iHeartradio. It’s non-stop Jay…..including his show live, M-F 3p-6p.

GO à http://www.iheart.com/live/jay-mohr-sports-6449/

Computer, phone, tablets….all Jay all the time.

Thanks for listening….I hope this helps.

JP Hastings

Program Director | On-Air Talent | Imaging Director

iHeartMedia

o 585.279.5279

100 Chestnut St. Suite 1700 Rochester, NY 14604

iHeartMedia.com

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2014, 11:58:58 pm »
Thanks! First time I heard it was during the couple of days where the Charlie Weis fart jokes were flying.

What's the origin of the TIMMY sample from South Park sampling during the top 3 at 5?

1) Peyton Manning kind of looks like Timmy - especially the big forehead

2) It's also used for Tim Tebow stories too (although now rare)

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2014, 12:13:28 am »
Who made the quote "I don't just talk sh1t baby, I back it up. I back it up." Or something like that. Is that clip available somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6TmsmuNBQ

Brian C 60

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2015, 01:39:18 pm »
#Shatter is when you are hating & spelling words wrong on twitter while pooping inside joke between #THTC & Mohrriors 😡 💩 📱

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2015, 08:24:44 am »
so where did "my cat mr. bonkers" come from?

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:15 pm »
Some brony comic con IIRC

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:58 am »

HEY MAN!!

Podcast question: Since we don't get JJ in Indy anymore...I have to listen to the podcasts in iheartradio. I don't get to them all but try for a few every week, usually when doing lawn work or other crap. Why are some of the sound drops missing but others are there. For example, the "scat song" drop doesn't play, but "I'd like to hear about it, potheads" plays all the time. Makes for very choppy listening. I understand that songs can't be played on podcasts for legal/copyright reasons and I'm fine with that....but the hit or miss sound drops are annoying. Is it a radio to podcast conversion issue? Just wondering....

Also, I've noticed "Big Mama Got It All" has disappeared....unless I am missing it. Did the PC police get to JJ? I mean, today you can't do anything that is even remotely considered racist without being tarred and feathered and burned at the stake...so a white guy imitating a black woman may not fly in the "everyone gets offended" world we live in...

Keep up the good work though, JJ

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »
HEY MAN!!

Podcast question: Since we don't get JJ in Indy anymore...I have to listen to the podcasts in iheartradio. I don't get to them all but try for a few every week, usually when doing lawn work or other crap. Why are some of the sound drops missing but others are there. For example, the "scat song" drop doesn't play, but "I'd like to hear about it, potheads" plays all the time. Makes for very choppy listening. I understand that songs can't be played on podcasts for legal/copyright reasons and I'm fine with that....but the hit or miss sound drops are annoying. Is it a radio to podcast conversion issue? Just wondering....

Also, I've noticed "Big Mama Got It All" has disappeared....unless I am missing it. Did the PC police get to JJ? I mean, today you can't do anything that is even remotely considered racist without being tarred and feathered and burned at the stake...so a white guy imitating a black woman may not fly in the "everyone gets offended" world we live in...

Keep up the good work though, JJ

This has been a problem for a while now. I'm not sure if it has ever been addressed, and probably only John Ramos knows why.

The worst is when there are Top 3 @ 5s and you won't hear Dan at all because they didn't record his mic.

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2015, 09:25:02 pm »
I hope it gets addressed soon, especially since LA won't have him on the air and will only have the podcasts. I love the show, but the "sound drop draft" the other day was a waste bc I couldn't hear any of them. Come on Ramos, podcast harder!!!!

tacosmith

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2015, 05:02:12 pm »
I had the same issue with the JMS podcasts until I started getting the ones from AM 570's website.  This one has all of the sound drops and music.  I blame iHeartRadio and not The Amazing Ramos.   I especially hated listening to rapid fire without the background music.

http://www.am570lasports.com/media/podcast-jay-mohr-sports-JayMohrSports/

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »
Thanks for the link! Only sucky thing is, when he's replaced they probably won't have his show podcasts. Maybe another station will....

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2015, 05:34:57 pm »
Thanks for the link! Only sucky thing is, when he's replaced they probably won't have his show podcasts. Maybe another station will....

That would really suck if that were the case. I only listen through the podcast.

Hate to say it, but I doubt we hear Jay Mohr on Fox Sports Radio in 2016 - one way or another.

FSR keeps jacking around with his schedule and affiliates, and you can kind of hear it in his voice and content that this is beating him down. Plus, last year on a Mohr Stories he told Mark McGrath that he really wants to get back in TV/movies and he didn't think he had much time on radio left.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

Brant76

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2016, 02:37:50 pm »
Where did the "covered in feces sound drop come from?" I want to download!

randomopoly

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2016, 01:57:14 am »
I'm gonna sound stupid, but the "Sometimes you ween, sometimes you no ween" drop always sounded like Jay to begin with.  A few weeks ago, he gave a person's name that it belonged to.  Who is that, if it ain't Jay?