Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:59:36 pm

Author Topic: bernie kosar  (Read 2905 times)

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
bernie kosar
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:17:44 pm »
I called today about Bernie, and jay was a little confused, so i thought i'd clear it up.

Late in his career, Bernie was waived, which pissed everyone in Cleveland off.

He signed with Dallas as a free agent. They let him kneel the final snap in the super bowl.

even the backwoods retards in Dallas could redneckonize a champion.

i miss the old days of the NFL, when men were men.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: bernie kosar
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:57:29 pm »
I got it!! Thanks for the info!

jayjay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:49:31 am »
Thanks Judo. I was confused as to the Dallas in the Superbowl part. I thought maybe you meant when the Superbowl was in Dallas. My question remains, why would the Cowboys care that much about Bernie Kosar to do that for him?

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:38 am »
Well, it wasn't that he was a total benchwarmer in Dallas. Troy Aikman got injured in the NFC Championship game, and Bernie came on, threw a TD pass, and clinched the Super Bowl berth for the Cowboys.

Playing for Cleveland is a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and back then, the Browns were decent, losing in the playoffs several times in heartbreaking fashion (The Drive, The Fumble, Red Right 88), so it was nice to see Bernie finally get over.

I was looking at his wiki page to make sure I had all my facts correct, and i found this, which i was previously unaware of:

"Kosar spent the final years of his career with the Miami Dolphins as a backup to Dan Marino. He is perhaps best remembered among Dolphins fans for designing a trick play that helped the Dolphins top the Jets in a crucial game late in 1994. With the clock winding down and the Dolphins trailing by three, Marino pretended to spike the ball to stop the clock. He then threw the winning touchdown pass to Mark Ingram."

the "doctor" that i mentioned in my call is doing some experimental treatments for CTE/head trauma, and Bernie's kind of a cheerleader for him, encouraging other people to look into the methods.

Just a real stand-up guy. He's featured in one of those ESPN docs looking into pro atheletes who go broke. It was a real good watch.

When I have some time, i'll dig up more info on the doc, but it's my birthday weekend, and i'm gonna go find my beach. Corona!

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:39 pm »
Back in 9th grade (this was a long time ago, probably the same year JJ was in 9th grade), I was in electronics class, where everyone was their own Etchant Man, and the Teacher's Assistant looked just like Bernie Kosar. Dude totally should have been flattered, as Bernie was tearing it up at The U that year. But he insisted that we were picking on him for being ugly or something.