Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:36:05 am

Author Topic: No offense, but...  (Read 6312 times)

Schlickey in A-Town

• View Profile
No offense, but...
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »
where the hell is Rome? This feels like the B team.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Re: No offense, but...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:45 pm »

CBS Sports Radio

Schlickey in A-Town

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:09:33 pm »
No Austin affiliate รข?? bummer. Oh well, at least we still have Dan Patrick.

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:11:19 pm »

Blake

• North American Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:49 pm »
I would at least give Mohr a little time to let everything settle off of the newness. From what I've heard so far, I enjoy the show. Or don't, whatever.....

Rob in VB

• The Real Tidewater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:11:50 am »
I would at least give Mohr a little time to let everything settle off of the newness. From what I've heard so far, I enjoy the show. Or don't, whatever.....

Stop telling me what to do.

Bob Booger Sugar

• It's not "show friends." It's show *business*.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:32:39 am »
Rome was better X years ago

Q in San Marcos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:42:37 am »

Rome is feeding his kids orange slices and capri sun. Do you listen to his show with any regularity? Or maybe you are new to his program? He is a sell out. One step above a snitch. He jedi mind tricked us for yrs thinking he was unique, but he is nothing more than a money grubbing keebler elf glad to bank a few more bucks to destroy what he worked so hard to attain. Dont get me wrong, he has his jack, but commited the cardinal sin of doubling back on his the foundation that made us all wait for his 3 hour daily program. Good Riddance. I remember when dude was at his height, I would literally listen to his damn commercials to make sure I didnt miss anything. Good times. JayJay is the next big thing, climb on board, he does not disappoint.

Blake

• North American Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:03:18 pm »
Stop telling me what to do.
Log off and then make me a pie

Matt in Nashville

• Some Kind of Message Board Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »
Rome is feeding his kids orange slices and capri sun. Do you listen to his show with any regularity? Or maybe you are new to his program? He is a sell out. One step above a snitch. He jedi mind tricked us for yrs thinking he was unique, but he is nothing more than a money grubbing keebler elf glad to bank a few more bucks to destroy what he worked so hard to attain. Dont get me wrong, he has his jack, but commited the cardinal sin of doubling back on his the foundation that made us all wait for his 3 hour daily program. Good Riddance. I remember when dude was at his height, I would literally listen to his damn commercials to make sure I didnt miss anything. Good times. JayJay is the next big thing, climb on board, he does not disappoint.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he jedi-mind tricked us.  I just think he went all corporate as time went by.  He just went from being different and fresh to tired and the same as everything else.  I partly blame ESPN for this because they're so darn formulaic.  He clearly bought into it, and now he's just living the formula.

If he's gone soccer, then he's just dead to me, instead of just my not listening to him anymore.

Mohr is clearly a more fun listen.  I hope he remains that way.

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:26:33 am »
We're in the middle of a recession, record high unemployment;  stagnant growth and looming inflation.  What's not cool hearing about a rich mans horse racing folly endlessly while affecting a fake on air persona that has grown stale and tired.

Well, yeah if you like that kind of thing, get you a radio from walmart that picks up shortwave radio and you can hear him blabber like that these days.