Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:54:56 am

Author Topic: Twitter-gate  (Read 4975 times)

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Twitter-gate
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:10:22 am »
I'll try to clear up the confusion from yesterdays show.  Jay mentioned that the @JayMohrSports twitter handle is not affiliated with the show, which is true, but what he didn't realize is that I ran that account to support this website.  We discussed this after the show and he said he would clear the air today.

As for the Twitter account, I've never tried to deceive anyone as the bio clearly states:
JayMohrSports.com  - Jay Mohr fan site. I am not Jay Mohr. To Tweet Jays show, include @jaymohr37 and #JayMohrSports. #Mohrrior#THTC
Houston TX ยท jaymohrsports.com

The Twitter account is only used to:
 - promote Jays show
 - retweet interviews and podcasts
 - promote this site
 - follow the THTC winners and congratulate them

I originally set this site up with Jay's blessing so he could have a place for listeners to hang out, as well as have a page to list all of his affiliates.  We then found a need to showcase the winners of the Twitter Hat Trick Club so a page was set up for that.  Although the forum is not as active as first anticipated (thanks Twitter), Jay still responds to suggestions and criticism.  Give it a shot.  His account here is jayjay.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
Re: Twitter-gate
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:26:58 am »
I, for one, am glad to hear that. When I first heard Jay referring to it on the air Monday, I was a little confused. Couldn't really figure out why this was being brought up. I guess at this point, we can just chalk it up to misunderstanding.. (?)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:46:21 am by Mike_in_Vegas_ »

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 08:49:36 am »
I can see FSR's concern, as they have a brand to protect.

I've been running a fansite for another show for over 8 years providing unique content that their main site doesn't provide.  My biggest downfall was using a domain name that has absolutely nothing to do with the show.  I didn't want to make that mistake twice.  When I found that JayMohrSports.com was still available, I jumped on it.  It beats the alternative of some slimeball buying the domain to be malicious or try to turn a profit buy reselling the domain to a competitor. 

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:00:12 am »
..well, I for one appreciate you, Steve, and I am thankful you did jump on it when you did. I may be a little naive, but I'm pretty sure that if Jay had an issue with it, he would have brought it up with you directly. Any other avenue would just be silly.

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:36:24 am »
Just heard JJ clear up!!  He's a good kid!! And so are you Steve for setting up this site!! You do a great job!

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:23 pm »
Maybe I'll get less death threats today  :uhh

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »
I can't wait until Lincoln Kennedy gets his own 9am national show. I am totally buying up domains and Twitter accounts for that!

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 04:46:37 pm »
..glad Jay cleared that up on the air today. I should have known it was nothing more than not knowing that it was Steve who had the twitter handle.

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:24 pm »
Well, I never did mention to him that I was behind that account but I figured it was common knowledge.
He probably just thought I tweeted as @stucknut only.

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 06:02:51 pm »
Mike knows all about tweeting from other accounts. #Blocked

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 11:24:46 pm »
I can't wait until Lincoln Kennedy gets his own 9am national show. I am totally buying up domains and Twitter accounts for that!

Lincoln is a legend.  Him and Bruce JAcobs used to have the most awesomest radio show around on fox sports radio a few years ago