Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:02:52 am

Author Topic: Has Adoption Touched Your Life?  (Read 2457 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Has Adoption Touched Your Life?
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »
Sloan (aka @VAGamecock) sent a cool care package from his family's adoption adventure to the show today and I know many of us who have followed his family's story were really moved by it. So I thought it would be cool to have a thread on how adoption has touched your life. I'll start.

Both my Mom and my Dad were adopted at birth. In my Mom's case, the biological mother was a (2nd?) cousin of her own Mother. My Mom's Dad came into the picture when she was about 10, married my Grandmother, and I'm pretty sure adopted her (again). In my Dad's case, a total stranger gave a precious gift to a young Don and Betty (of fleeting Jay Mohr Sports fame).

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
Re: Has Adoption Touched Your Life?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:27 pm »
I don't have any personal adoption stories to share, but I just wanted to say that following Sloan and his wife's incredible story these last several months has been very moving, to say the least. Their devotion and determination through an unbelievable amount of obstacles and difficulties leaves one with nothing less than an overwhelming sense of awe and admiration. Here's to you Sloan and Elizabeth! ..and here's to Charlie and Mollie enjoying a brand new life with their beautiful, incredible new family!