Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:31:02 pm

Author Topic: JJ, stupid favor to ask  (Read 4396 times)

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
JJ, stupid favor to ask
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »
I know this probably seems very trivial to you, but lately there's been a caller who identifies himself as "Mike in Vegas". I know it's not like he's trying to impersonate me or anything, and I realize it's my own fault for choosing such a generic name, but at this point in time I'd like to think that I've had enough interaction on the show (and this forum) that when someone hears "Mike in Vegas", they think of me, much the same way people do with names like "GreatBluedini" or "Man of Letters. I'm not rying to compare myself to them or anything, but hopefully you understand what I'm getting at. It wouldn't be so bad, except that the caller always seems to make an ass of himself (IMO).

Anyway, I know it's probably a stupid and unrealistic favor to ask, and I wouldn't blame you one bit for rolling your eyes at how inflated my perception of my identity is, but if there's any way, any way at all to make clear that "Mike in Vegas" caller and "Mike in Vegas" tweeter are not the same person, I'd be forever grateful.

Once again, I know you probably think this is all very stupid, and I wouldn't blame you if you did, but to me my identity means everything in regards to how I interact with you and the show. I guess I don't honestly expect you to go out of your way to say anything, and I won't hold it against you if you don't, but I figured I'd at least give it a try.

I guess if nothing else, at least you'll know we're 2 different people. Thanks JJ..  sincerely, "Mike in Vegas"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:31:12 am by Mike_in_Vegas_ »

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: JJ, Favor to ask
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »
I couldn't agree more Mike...where I heard that tool on Rapid Fire today, I thought...there's NO WAY that's "our" Mike in Vegas..."our Mike in Vegas" is WAY cooler....TOTALLY get your point of view and hope Jay will go with your thoughts/wishes...

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »
Just saw JJs response to you twitter....COOLEST guy ever!!

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:51:26 pm »
Ever thought of changing your name to "The Real Mike in Vegas"? Heh.

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:08:47 am »
Hi Carla! ..needless to say, we've all mised you on twitter! I'm so glad to see you're doing good!

.as far as Jay goes, I couldn't agree with you more- he really is a very cool guy. ..You know, I'm just now revisiting this and reading what I wrote above, and I know I probably came off as making a huge deal out of something that I probably should have just taken in stride, and it's hard for me to disagree with that.. but the point is, Jay actually responded to me about it and didn't try to make me feel like an idiot for writing it, and that says quite a bit about just what a good guy he really is...

#MuchRespect
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:24:09 am by Mike_in_Vegas_ »

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:52 am »
..and Brad, thanks for the suggestion. I can always count on you for good, practical advice.. If it were left up to me, I'd probably just do something stupid like try to rearrange all the letters to spell something else... Hmmm... let's see... what could I possibly come up with...

#PagingKimGenavesi
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:29:12 am by Mike_in_Vegas_ »

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Re: JJ, stupid favor to ask
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:29:36 am »
I just ran some test and came to the conclusion that our Mike_in_Vegas_ IS THE IMPOSTER!!!!

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: JJ, stupid favor to ask
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:36 am »
Thanks "The REAL Mike in Vegas"....miss the tomfoolery with you guys!!! I'm doing well though...hope you are too!!  You guys still crack me up!!