Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:12:10 am

Author Topic: Tapped out today after Obamacare ad...  (Read 3234 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Tapped out today after Obamacare ad...
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:03:56 pm »
...and listened to Dave Mustaine episode of Mohr Stories.

JJ, here's the math. As a 43 year old self-employed guy with no kids, I buy my own health insurance. I'm not a hypochondriac. I have no pre-existing conditions. And I'm happy to buy my own cough medicine. My rates to switch to a "compliant" policy jumped $200/month last year. That's $2400 in disposable income that can't be spent on T-shirts and comedy clubs. Or put another, it's 4 T-mobile cell phone contracts. In return, I get crap I don't need, like pediatric dental and OB/GYN, you know, because my previous plan was a "sham plan" that wouldn't protect me if my baby teeth got a cavity or I got something stuck up my vagina (like this morning).

Benefit of the doubt to you, since this "have important guy on to talk about Obama's brackets and then he gets to tell us how wonderful the ACA is" is all over corporate sports talk now, and obviously comes from on high. I fled to sports talk 20 years ago because politics is shrill and all the players suck, and I'd just like a few hours a day when I don't have to hear about it. This month, all of sports media is breaking its deal with me. That's not 100% of your listener base, but I'd bet it's a good 1/3.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tapped out today after Obamacare ad...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:00 am »
Totally agree Brad!!! Love you Jay and am glad you didn't stay on the topic long and appreciated you hearing from the guy in California who complained about Obamacare as well...but PLEASE don't fall too far into the corporate trap!!

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tapped out today after Obamacare ad...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:09:13 am »
The Affordable Care Act aka "Obamacare" benefits approx. 1/3 of people and hurts 2/3.  The middle class is getting screwed the most (by far). 

Just calling it how it is...sadly I have had to learn all about it and not by choice.  Gotta have the skills to pay the bills, am I right?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:12:20 am by PopsGeez »