Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:32:21 am

Author Topic: #Mohr64 Tournament Rules  (Read 7884 times)

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
#Mohr64 Tournament Rules
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:00 pm »
(Sent to me by Diamond Dan)

Quick rundown on the THT Tournament setup……

The 1st round of games will cover 4 days…March 10-13.  Over those days, each entry will have an opportunity to tweet about a topic, like we normally do on the show.  When you send the tweet, you will include a special hashtag, as each matchup will have a specific hashtag (ie: #matty1, #matty2, #beyer1, #ramos5, #toohey6.) You will be given your specific game hashtag before your matchup.  It will also be included on the bracket that is posted online.

Quick notes…..

-You will send in 3 tweets for your “game,” which lasts 4 days.
-It isn’t quantity, it is quality. That is why we are limiting the tweets to 3.
-If you don’t think you have any good tweets from Monday’s show, that is perfectly fine, and wait until Tuesday.  If you have a bunch of really good ones on one topic, send them all in one day.  It doesn’t matter.
-They must have the specific hashtag.  You can even send in the same tweet to the show AND for the tournament.  Just send 2 separate tweets (one with the #jaymohrsports and the other with your matchup hashtag)
-Essentially your 3 tweets will go against the other 3 tweets from your competitor.  They won’t be from the same topic necessarily.
-After Thursday’s show, we will determine who won the 1st round games.

If work is a reason why you can’t participate, you can either blind tweet or withdraw from the tournament.

As for the 2nd round, those games will take place the week of March 17-20.  The same process will take place, but the new 2nd round matchups will have a new hashtag.

The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 will only last 2 days, as will the “Final Mohr” and title game matchups.  The same process will happen for these rounds as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:01:32 am by Steve in HTown »

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
Re: THT Tournament Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:17:54 am »
Big props to Dan Beyer and Greg Toohey for coming up with this great idea!

Should be a blast! ... #Mohr64 .... #MohrchMadness .... #2014
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:40:30 pm by Mike_in_Vegas_ »

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:56 am »
If y'all have any questions, we're recording an interview with Dan Beyer on Saturday for inclusion in this weekend's #TheTMV. DM me your questions. @BradHutchings or @TheTMV on the Twitter.

VAGamecock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 02:24:12 pm »
When will the final brackets be announced?

DJ Carlile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »
Ask him if he likes bacon

DJ Carlile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 04:17:19 pm »
So...... I got Frank Ojeda as the 4 in my bracket.  Now just need to figure out the 8 the 9 and the 16. I'm so stoked

Dan Beyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »
The official tournament name will be the #Mohr64.  It was easier to call it the THT Tournament at the start, but this is the name we want to go with.

I know I wrote the rules above, and there are surely some things missing.  Some I can answer, some I can't because we really don't know what we will encounter.

The tweets can be sent anytime during the days of "competition," which will also allow podcast, iHeartRadio, and off hours listeners to contribute.  Plus, some people can't listen each day, but this allows them to compete.

The bracket will be on FOXSportsradio.com on Monday.  That is where it will be kept.  It will have all of the matchups, plus the hashtag for your specific matchup. 

Your 1st round game has a specific hashtag, which means there are 32 different hashtags for the 1st round.  It just helps us sort.

Reminder......only send 3 tweets with your special hashtag.  We won't take your 3 "best."  We will be looking during the week and at the end.  Sure you can delete a bad tweet, but we don't want someone sending 20 tweets in a day.  We want your 3 "best" entries. 

Thanks again, and I will try to update you all with new information.  Don't forget to listen to the release of the brackets this weekend on the TMV podcast, and we will obviously have more on Monday's show. 

DB

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: #Mohr64 Tournament Rules
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »
Good to see this really took off!! lol  Nice try though Dan!!

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: #Mohr64 Tournament Rules
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 01:43:18 pm »
Wow...didn't realize it kept going...Congrats to Jay Gray!!