Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 12:21:09 pm

Author Topic: Keith Morrison  (Read 4403 times)

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Keith Morrison
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:05:14 pm »
Impression, tweets, and Interview were AWESOME!!!!!

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Max Cady

• Maybe I could chop you into 40 pieces
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Morrison
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:37:37 pm »
I like his brother Van better

JohnLaBrea

• View Profile
Vox Populi (Re: Keith Morrison)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:21:53 pm »
Impression, tweets, and Interview were AWESOME!!!!!

OK. I registered here sometime before Matty lost a lung:

* The "Keith Morrison" topic/Jay's impressions of him: Easily one of the greatest things (ever) on radio. Dead hookers and "good girls" and how they end up in ditches is like 60 Minutes or Monday Night Football. You watch it whether you want to or not. And Morrison is in that rarified air w/ Bill Kurtis, God, Walter Kronkite etc.
* I like Jay's expectations of the crew and desired participation of them. f*cking Byer? When they rile him up or whatever? Ha-ha funny. Choke-n-puke funny. He's so sensitive. He's a perfect foil. "R-R-R-RAMOS!"
* I miss the idea of Matty more than Matty himself. I think Jay is funnier w/out him. He has to be. It's just him on center stage now. Matty's persona was a lot more entertaining than the man.
* Yes. I am an ex-clone. A weird ex-clone. Listened religiously -- due to work schedules -- at various times. And then didn't. Didn't think about it. It's been a long time since I listened to Romey.   I'm an ex-Phil Hendrie/Art Bell listener. I haven't listened to Howard regularly for 20 years. I did like Artie's show before it was recently canceled. My point? This is damn good show right here. It's come-as-you-are ear candy. And Jay is positive, self-effacing, and genuine. And when it doesn't work, it's even better.
* I can't stand 95% of sports radio. It's beyond distasteful. It's a bottle of toe-nails instead of Pepsi.
* His offbeat interview questions are fantastic. "Keep Mohr Weird"
* I know people in the comedy world (comics, mgmt, agents, etc.) -- many who told me back in the 90s to not like Jay. But I couldn't help it. I did. Yet, I get it. And Jay does too. That's the difference. He's wide open now -- with his feelings, his loyalties, his support group -- and the thing is? Along w/ some ego, some of that asshole disappears too.

Suddenly "Bob Sugar" or that jerk-off reveals himself to be a funny, insightful, soulful artist.

Good on you, Jay.

--
"WHAAAAAAAAAA?"

-- Black Mamba