Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:17:29 am

Author Topic: The Rich Eisen celebrity parade  (Read 5856 times)

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
The Rich Eisen celebrity parade
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:57:38 pm »
So, I am without Jay Mohr now, living in Indy. 3-6 is a local show, plus with a 5 month old I don't have time to listen to the podcasts. It sucks, but such is life. That said, I have tuned in to the Rich Eisen show, and every time I do he has some guest on. Sometimes it's a sports figure, most of the time it's an actor or some other celebrity. JFC it's terrible. Screw Fox Sports for fvcking with JJs time slot. Eisen is going to be dreadful after the NFL season....worse than he is now. And I liked him on ESPN back in the day and on the NFL network. But radio, why??

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

bjax420

• View Profile
Re: The Rich Eisen celebrity parade
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:57 am »
I couldn't agree more, listening to his show is like watching paint dry.  It's all football for 3 hours,have a take on something else Rich.  I would love to know what his ratings are since he has been on the air, it's a brutal 3 hours.  I switch over to ESPN radio when he comes on and switch over to JJ when his crappy show is off the air.  Way to f*ck up a good thing Fox Sports Radio!!!!!!! He's a Bum.........HEY MAN!!! Quad City Mohrriors 4 LIFE

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:37:32 pm »
we don't get Eisen here because our local guy is 9-12 and then dan patrick airs 3 hours late 12-3

then Jay Jay and co. kick some ass at 3 pm to 6pm and we finally get Steve Gore-man now.  Gorman's pretty good, I like him and his cousin's banter.  Never heard them before the change.  Never heard of his band outside of Jay Jay's show lol

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »
Yeah, WNDE (our Fox affiliate) needs to send its local guys packing. Sorry, but this city isn't large enough to support 2 local drive time shows. 1070 is the flagship station in Indy, carries the Colts and Pacers, leaving WNDE to Triple A baseball and non Colts NFL games and college stuff. JMV is the 3-6p host on 1070 and he's pretty damn funny. Does a lot of non sports stuff, mainly pop culture...movies and music. Good dude too, he will hang and have a beer with people and doesn't big time any one. He's as close to JJ as a local guy can get in terms of just being a "guy who likes sports" on the radio. Thus, even if we had JJ in Indy, I'd still probably listen to JMV first at that time slot. He has been around a lot longer, and I like the local flavor after national mid day stuff. They really fvcked this one, and a lot of us not on the West coast have to suffer.

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:14:45 pm »
I didn't care for Steve's show at first but it has grow on me over time.  I love it when they talk music and bands and concerts they have seen over the years.  Now that JJ is on here from 2-5 I don't get to listen to Steve, I have to listen to Big Ten Talk at 5 o'clock. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!Somebody give me the contact info on the D-Bags that are making the time slot decisions at Fox Sports Radio!  If it's not broken don't fix it for crying out loud.  HEY MAN......Quad City Mohrriors 4 LIFE!

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 09:30:15 pm »
I loved Rich's 1-2 hour weekly podcast, but 3 hours a day is a bit much.

I hope Rich comes back on Mohr Stories again.