Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:35:02 am

Author Topic: My rant about the state of Jay Mohr Sports right now  (Read 2844 times)

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
My rant about the state of Jay Mohr Sports right now
« on: January 24, 2015, 06:15:33 pm »
First of all, let me say that listening to JMS is an essential part of my work day. Every day. Sometimes I even listen to the JMS I Heart Radio station as white noise to go to sleep at night. It's my favorite radio show of all time.

That said, yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore. Yesterday was the first day I had to turn it off.

Jay opened up his show yesterday saying there would be no more of "that topic". (deflategate). Which was just fine by me. Over saturation of this topic doesn't even begin to describe it. So what's the topic he decides to move on to for the next hour? The Los Angeles Lakers.

The shitty, no good, irrelevant Los Angeles Lakers.

Jay prides himself on his motto, "Let me be your local radio show." For the first couple of years, this was the case. But recently, this has not been the case at all. Particularly since his new contract and subsequent move from 11-2 to 2-5. Since then it has been nothing but LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS! DODGERS DODGERS DODGERS! KOBE KOBE KOBE!

I know LA is his main market and where he lives, but if this is the route he wants to turn his show into, I would like for him to stop lying about the "local show" aspect and just be honest about the bias.

Once I remember him talking about the Dallas Mavericks for some subject, and he literally stopped himself mid-thought on a take and said, "This show isn't even on in Dallas. Why am I even talking about them?" and moved on to another story immediately. A couple of weeks ago he was so mad that he berated Greg Toohey on-air for 10 minutes because Petros and Money were taking an hour away from him in the LA market - to the point of extreme awkwardness. All this says to me is he doesn't give a damn about anyone listening outside of the Los Angeles market.

Although this may fall on deaf ears, all I'm saying is if I have to hear about another irrelevant LA team for another 2 hours, I'm going to turn it off. This is exactly the kind of crap I've been trying to get away from for years, particularly another LA radio host who "doesn't root", yet never stops talking about Kobe and the Lakers (and race horses).

Yes, this is just 1 listener from Houston that can only listen on the IHeartRadio app, but I just had to get it off my chest.

TL;DR version: Show has gone full Los Angeles bias so stop advertising that it's our local radio show

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: My rant about the state of Jay Mohr Sports right now
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »
completely agree

WE GET IT JJ, YOU f*ckING LIVE IN LOS ANGELES.  you know who doesn't?  95% of the people listening to you.  Nobody gives a f*ck about how much you wanna suck Kobe Bryant off.  Apparently Jay referred to Kobe playing a meaningless regular season game with a torn rotator cuff to Reggie Jackson hitting 3 homers in a world series.  WTF kind of awful analogy is that??

The top 3 at 5 isn't fun anymore either - it sounds like a corny local station bit  :lol

still my favorite show on the radio but of all the people working on the show, why are Beyer and Toohey the ones that survived?  they are the least relatable.  matty boy was awesome.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:27:23 pm by PopsGeez »