Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:16:00 pm

Author Topic: will Jay ever come back???  (Read 16132 times)

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
will Jay ever come back???
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:09:25 pm »
hasn't been on in like 5 months it feels

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

bjax420

• View Profile
Re: will Jay ever come back???
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:07:44 am »
He better come back, I can't listen when it's Jonas and Dan.......HEY MAN!!!!!!

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
He takes a lot of vacation because....wait. Wrong show. JJ has never been off this long in my memory. I'm ok with BKR but JJ is the man. It would suck if he's gone for good.

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:44:45 pm »
Ugggghhhhhh.......Still no J.J.  >:(, I did read that he filed for divorce.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his long leave of absence?

randomopoly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 02:17:16 am »
I guess I didn’t realize that the second announcement of Jay’s divorce came on December 14th last year.  That stinks.

As a fan of Jay’s, I get concerned with his well being.  I listened to Jay’s guest appearance on Kevin Pollak’s “Chat Show,” and Jay sounded way more tangential than usual, and openly complained of not having any sleep.  That interview is dated December 6th.

Another thing that I noticed was that Ben Maller (also on Fox Sports Radio) posted recently; “Excited to pass on the news of my new contract with Premiere Networks to continue the Ben Maller Show on Fox Sports Radio.”  This was on Facebook, and the posting ended; “Looking forward to making the show even better in 2017 and beyond!”  Maller’s post was dated Wednesday, January 11th.

I don’t know if everyone’s contract was up for renewal of late or not.  But it does make me wonder of Jay’s return to radio.  The last time I remember an extended vacation was when Fox didn’t renew shows like “Petrose And Money” (nationally) and “Fox Sports Tonight with Rob Dibble and Amy Van Dyken.”  Wikipedia even states that “Into The Night with Tony Bruno” ended in 2011 because “his contract was not renewed.”

During Jay’s time off, I’ve noticed that the BKR crew has not said “Jay will return on…”  Hopefully, I’m over thinking it and Jay will return.

Mohrout

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:23:26 pm »
It's pretty much official, Jay Mohr is out at Fox Sports. :(

Fox Sports is returning to SiriusXM and in the official press release there is no mention of Mohr hosting.

Official Lineup (Note that the mention of Knox and Beyer first on the last bullet point pretty much means they will take the 3-5pm time slot (3-6pm on terrestrial stations) before Speak for Yourself)

• The Herd with Colin Cowherd (weekdays, 12-3pm ET)
• Skip & Shannon: Undisputed (weekdays, 9:30 am-12pm ET)
• Outkick the Coverage with Clay Travis (weekdays, 6-9am ET)
• Speak for Yourself with Colin Cowherd and Jason Whitlock (weekdays, 5-6pm ET)
• Fox Sports Live with Jay & Dan with Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole (weeknights, 11-11:30pm ET)
• Garbage Time with Katie Nolan (Wednesdays, 11:30pm-midnight ET)
• TMZ Sports (weeknights, 11:30pm-midnight ET)
• Steve Gorman SPORTS!
• J.T. “The Brick” with Tomm Looney
• FOX NFL Kickoff
• FOX NFL Sunday
• NASCAR Race Hub
• UFC Tonight
• The Jason Smith Show with Michael Harmon
• The Ben Maller Show
• A wide variety of weekday and weekend shows hosted by: Jonas Knox, Dan Beyer, Anthony Gargano, Lincoln Kennedy, Jason McIntyre, Mark Willard, Rob Parker, Steve Hartman, Brady Poppinga, Chris Broussard, Brian Noe, Arnie Spanier, Andy Furman, Robert Smith, Mike Hill, Ephraim Salaam, Brady Quinn, Chris Plank and others.

Source: https://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/01/18/siriusxm-and-fox-sports-are-teaming-up-for-exclusive-new-channel/

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:44 pm »
damn.  that sucks.

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 08:13:10 am »
What a f*cking JOKE!!!!!!!! I cant stand listening to Beyer and Knox laugh at each others joke!  Jays show used to be golden, and once they gave his time slot to Rich Eisen the wheels starting falling off the bus.  What ever happened to the phrase "If it's not broken don't fix it"?  f*ck FOX Sports Radio, what a joke!!!!!

randomopoly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 02:01:39 am »
If this is true, I'm glad that Rich Eisen is gone.  That guy is cancer.  But, FSR would have only put him there because they felt Jay wasn't pulling enough people away from Rome's show on CBS.  The real shame is, all the comedic "bits" that Jay's show offered, many of them slowly disappearing over the last year or so.  I like Jonas Knox, but something changed when he joined up.  Much of the "funny" went away, to be replaced by comedic cynicism.   And, that's okay, but it's not like it was.  And then, with Jonas' sudden removal in August, it left many questions to be answered.  Aaron seems like a great guy, but he was kinda a "non entity" co-host.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:05:44 am by randomopoly »

RomeIsBetter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 01:25:49 pm »
The show started declining after moving timeslots and more so after Rapid Fire was killed, but this still sucks. And I assume the bridges are burned and he's not going to come back to Rome's show as a guest host or Smackoff participant.

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 01:36:17 pm »
If this is true, which it seems to be....it is shitty. And while I know Jay is probably going through a really tough time, I would have liked some type of announcement from him...maybe contractually he can't do that, but leaving us hanging and the continuing "BKR in for Jay" isn't cool. Especially for a guy that was as fan-friendly as JJ.

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:57 am »
BKR sucks!!!!!!! How does FOX put these guys on everyday and expect people to listen.  My guess is rating for the show have falling off big time!

Winona86

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 02:23:38 pm »
Get Jonas off the air, Dans is a professional no idea how Jonas got this gig,  what an idiot, time to  find a different show if Jay is not back

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 10:32:29 am »
Dan can hold his own. Ramos is fine. Jonas is insufferable. He's the guy that was cool in high school and is desperate to maintain that...like yesterday and him making fun of how he doesn't like golf. He comes off as arrogant and condescending to me. Dan would be fine with a different co-host...he had been around since Day 1 (or close).

But I still want JJ to say SOMETHING.....for all the "we ride together" stuff he owes us that. I get that he's going through a rough time...I do get that. But we've been supporting him through this, well as lot of us on Twitter have been. Just a simple quick announcement would be ok.