Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:05:54 am

Author Topic: will Jay ever come back???  (Read 16082 times)

randomopoly

• View Profile
Re: will Jay ever come back???
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »
 :-\  Well..........this stinks.  I got addicted to this show, even after they pulled it off my local station.  I guess I always knew that it would get to be too much for his schedule.  He's not fat and gray yet, and he can still pull down movie and TV roles, as well as stand up comedy.  In fact, having the radio show probably was the reason his comedy touring didn't cover a wider area of the country.  Plus, it's evident his family life was getting a bit fragile over the last few months, it's better that he gets a handle on that now.  I'll truly miss the elements of the show, and the sound drops, OMG!!  There were so many, and it makes me sad that I won't be able to hear those again, at least now with JMS to surround them.  I do wish good luck to Dan, John and Jonas getting the gig, but I doubt that's going to happen.  Amidst conflicting emotions, I do wish them all the best on Fox.  So, I guess I'll grab my sister's ass and snuggle off to bed now with my cat Mr. Bonkers.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
Noticed Friday the Jay Mohr Sports imaging is gone...they're not saying "sitting in for Jay"....knew it was coming but still a bummer

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:51 am »
Have they announced Jays replacement yet?  Even though I'm done listening for good!

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:40 pm »
guess I'm stuck listening to a podcast every month or so when I get bored and there's no sports on TV at night.

listening to Jay on my phone at home was fun but podcast interviews just aren't the same as live sports talk.

SherylS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »
I'll never listen again. Jays positivity inclusiveness and humor made for such a unique sports talk experience. Dan is great, but Knox is a dime a dozen shouty hack. I hope this is what Jay wants, because if it's a FOX decision, it's a bad one.

randomopoly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 05:05:01 pm »
I'll never listen again. Jays positivity inclusiveness and humor made for such a unique sports talk experience. Dan is great, but Knox is a dime a dozen shouty hack. I hope this is what Jay wants, because if it's a FOX decision, it's a bad one.

Jay's one of a kind.  He made ME follow sports.  I'd like to see Dan and Jonas stick together somewhere on FSR, maybe overnights.  Move Steve Gorman, JT and Ben Maller up a shift and put Dan and Jonas on overnights to see how it goes.

I think a lot of stuff, originally, has to be Fox's doing, especially the shift change in 2014.  On  national level, I don't know how the show rated, but I didn't care.  Anyway, Jay's got stuff in his life to straighten up, that's the most important thing.  In time, he'll come up with something great again....if he's allowed.

He should do a once-a-month JMS podcast from his garage with Dan, Ramos and Toohey.  A straight half hour "Rapid Fire."

bjax420

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 08:23:17 am »
Jonas Knox and Dan Beyer are still just filling in right?  I mean they cant be going forward with these two on the air for three hours a day! Jonas is unbearable to listen to.  They ratings have to be shit for this time slot now!  Good I miss JJ.........HEY MAN!!!!!!!

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »
Beyer, I would keep in some capacity. Knox needs to go....like now. He is the f*cking "cool kid from high school" that still thinks his shit doesn't stink. Nice beard, btw....you f*cking loser. He's grating, annoying, and unlistenable. Beyer is doing his best, along with Ramos..........Get an actual good lead in there and it MIGHT survive.

randomopoly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 12:06:03 am »
I like them both.  Dan's mild mannered "Mr. Milktoast" persona contrasts Knox's "hungover guy, two years out of college" attitude.  I think that Fox Sports Radio, like NBC Sports Radio, lets the time slot just go "as is," because they both know that Rome is winning that radio day-part anyway.  Chances are, Beyer and Knox stays for a while longer.