Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 06:21:21 pm

Author Topic: Show non-history: #EndJaycism now  (Read 4323 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Show non-history: #EndJaycism now
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »
On May 3, 2013, our #THTC campaign to #EndJaycism and raise concern about the offensive KU Jawhawk mascot barely got two inadvertent bits of recognition. But it's totally OK, because for the better part of the day, the #THTC was doing something bigger than the show. We actually made a dent, propelling our solidarity with Jays everywhere and fat acceptance to the very top of Twitter trending topics. See attached picture.

JJ, if you read this, let us know if you knew it was going on or if it was just stupid or too edgy. Because #TireyTuesday is already shaping up to be a bigger #THTC #AfterHours event!

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Re: Show non-history: #EndJaycism now
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »
thats bad ass.   power to the twitter hat trick crew!

jayjay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:48 pm »
On May 3, 2013, our #THTC campaign to #EndJaycism and raise concern about the offensive KU Jawhawk mascot barely got two inadvertent bits of recognition. But it's totally OK, because for the better part of the day, the #THTC was doing something bigger than the show. We actually made a dent, propelling our solidarity with Jays everywhere and fat acceptance to the very top of Twitter trending topics. See attached picture.

JJ, if you read this, let us know if you knew it was going on or if it was just stupid or too edgy. Because #TireyTuesday is already shaping up to be a bigger #THTC #AfterHours event!
I saw you guys all had "jay" in your names but wasn't sure what was going on. Was this trending in your town? What town? Why Tirey? Because of the burger lady?

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:13 pm »
Jay and Dan are actually a Canadian sports TV duo that got signed by Fox Sports TV:

http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/forums/readthread/thread_id/745920/

The were tending in the USA. I just went to the fat joke cuz Diamond Dan could be my body double. We had a whole elaborate story about ending "Jaycism", #BeJayForADay, Cinco de Jayo. Give 20 dudes an afternoon and Twitter and the quips just flow. Tirey from Hard Rock found us after show and mixed it up for awhile. If everyone is Tirey on Tuesday, you'll know why.

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:59 pm »
Yes Jay, Tirey is in reference to the lady from Hard Rock and the amazing Burgers!!   I wouldn't say it's just for THTC winner, but rather all Mohrriors as we ALL can't be as funny as the THTC winners...but we can ALL aspire to be!! lol 

Love the show!!

ChrisInBhamAL

• Intentional walk me bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 09:35:25 am »
Tirey turned out to be really cool and chatted up the twit with all Mohrriors who followed her after she posted the pic of JJ, the crew & the bitchin burgers.

#TireyTuesday will bring the noise.

As far as the subject of Jaycism, I think we raised awareness & brought attention to a subject near and dear to THTC's heart. Anything we can do to give back.

Being Jay here in the deep south isn't easy but just knowing I have the thoughts of Mohrriors errr'where gives me strength.

JAYPRIDE 4 Ever

Carlaroo75

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »
So what actually is the goal for TireyTuesday?

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »
The goal? Isn't it always to completely derail whatever JJ"s team came up with in their pre-game? #Defense