Please login or register. May 08, 2024, 07:40:50 pm

Author Topic: Jay Mohr Sports to be delayed in Houston??  (Read 5742 times)

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Jay Mohr Sports to be delayed in Houston??
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
I heard that 790 KBME in Houston is going to move Jay Mohr Sports
to nights on tape delay so they can plug in more local talk*. 

* Texans, offseason moves, mock drafts, etc.

I listen to KBME quite a bit and love the change of pace that is JMS.
Now it's just going to be another 610am with the same regurgitated topics.  :-\

COME ON MOHRRIORS, BANG YOUR MONKEY HARDER!!!!
http://www.sports790.com/pages/contact-kbme.html

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Mohr Sports to be delayed in Houston??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:56:44 pm »
Houston.... (wait for it...) We have a problem. HAY OH!

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:58 am »
off topic but my local fox sports has dan patrick on from 3pm to 6 pm.  i would listen to the DP show live but by the time it airs it's a 6 hour old broadcast and lots of news breaks mid day.  They also pick up NBC sports from 10 pm to 6 am.  NBC sports is unlistenable and I'd rather listen to gospel reggae music than Amani Toomer* talk sports on the radio.  I tried writing to the program director twice (two different months) and never heard back either time.  The stations website still listed Jim Rome instead of JJ for like half of last year so I can tell they just don't give a shit.

* very good player and nice guy who I met twice but just boring as hell on the air

CashMeadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:30 pm »
I banged that monkey JM.  He acted like nothing was up. I might of been the only one too. The monkey comes on at 2pm.  You took one of his hrs dude. You know how vane you folks are.  I thought you were great in Wunderwhatchmacallit

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »
This is f*cking horrible. Now it's just more of Lance "my daddy is a football coach so I know more than you" Zeirlien bullshit.

BTW, I like listening to Matt Thomas, but he takes waaaaay too many shots at Jay Mohr. He's even gone so far to imply that Matty Boy talks like a ree-ree.

790 is trying their damndest to lose me as a listener. Need Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler to pop up somewhere else.

CashMeadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:54:00 pm »
I don't want to hear more talk about who the Texans should pick or why the Astros still suck even though they have had the #1 pick the last # years. It is horrible being an H-Town sports fan.  The Texans have a history of skrewing up the 1st pick and the Astros are right up there challenging them for the organization with the worst track record.  After 3 yrs of inept performance by management I am to the point of changing my hobbie to cat collecting instead of sports. It is flat out an embrassment to be a fan of these organizations it is just embrassing to watch and listen to the news at this point.

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »
And what's really messed up about this is how they say we need MORE local sports talk, when Houston already has 5 sports talk radio stations. From what I hear around the country, this is an insane amount for 1 city. Most other large markets have 1 or 2 at most.

Max Cady

• Maybe I could chop you into 40 pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 09:18:55 pm »
It could be worse, you could only have Tiki Shitty Barbar and Dana Jacobsen as the only sports talk to listen to in the morning