Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:33:18 pm

Author Topic: Thanks from Don and Betty  (Read 3537 times)

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
Thanks from Don and Betty
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:16 am »
Gotta say, when I sent that tweet yesterday while waiting for them to come out of the cruise terminal, I thought maybe it would get read if it was a slow morning. Never imagined the play it would get. I was on the phone with them last night reading every tweet that I knew about. We were laughing for the better part of an hour. They know they're old and they know they're blessed, and they are still enjoying life as much as they have in the 42 years I've known them.

To put it into a little more perspective. She's been battling and living with leukemia for 25 years. He just had surgery for colon cancer in December. Stuff like that happens when you get old, but like the honey badger, they don't give a f*ck. My Nana is getting a new Chromebook today and the first thing she wants to do is learn about Twitter and meet the #THTC people. We're gonna go kinda slow with that :-).

So guys and gals, thanks for turning a routine pick-up the grandparents from their vacation morning into one of the most entertaining days ever. It is amazing what comes out of the Jay Mohr #THTC sausage factory when you feed it something tiny to work with.

-Brad

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

magic_uno

• Mohrrior
  • It Doesn't Matter What You Think!
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks from Don and Betty
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:50:45 am »
Don is my guy.  Love him.

God bless 'em both.

jayjay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:22:30 pm »
God bless and keep them safe. So happy that you are spending such great time with them. You are all very lucky to have each other. jj

Mike_in_Vegas_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:34 am »

Don & Betty rock!

"Age is a question of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."  ~Leroy "Satchel" Paige

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
This made the morning! 8)