Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:21:57 pm

Author Topic: too many musicians on the podcast??? now I got your attention  (Read 4112 times)

El Cos

• Mohrrior
  • get to the chopppah~
    • View Profile
too many musicians on the podcast??? now I got your attention
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:17:12 pm »
hi,
where is everyone? does this place go into hibernation for the fall and winter!>????

anyways, I have been trying to catch up the all the episodes (including other podcasts) and havent been as thrilled to see all the non comedians on the docket.  but then after I listen to them it makes for great interviews still!  I think its the way slammy works the guest and the chemistry and what not.  I wouldnt mind more comedians on there so I can hear jj laugh hysterically like when saso or jefferies come in!?

still a top notch podcast though

reaction!!!!!

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

Steve in HTown

• Administrator
  • Mohrrior
  • #RedNation
    • View Profile
Re: too many musicians on the podcast??? now I got your attention
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »
i love the musician interviews.
we get their background and find out about their thought processes on songwriting.

most comedians talk about their life experiences as part of their set/routine.

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »
Reaction???

How was listening to Jay and David Lee Roth yap for an hour not the most amazing thing you've ever heard in your life?

Weirdfellas

• Take em to the ZOO, Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 11:46:08 am »
For knowing how much attention JJ gives to message boards and stuff, and his internet battles, I'm surprised he doesn't plug this more on the podcast. I really need to get the I Heart Radio app so I can catch Mohr Sports. I honestly hate sports and sports talk even more, but JJ and Jim Florentine are the only guys I can listen to talk about sports and still be entertained as hell. Just because they're so passionate and they side track so much, ha.

David Lee Roth, I didn't mind him on JJ's so much, because Jay's a great interviewer and you know David Lee is one of his heroes, so it was kind of cool to hear. I didn't mind him on Carolla either, because it was (I think) his first podcast appearance, and you got a more laid back & inflective Dave which was manageable. But by the time he got on Opie & Anthony 2 or 3 (horrendous) times, and popping up on a lot of other podcasts, I'd really had enough of him. And it seemed like he reverted back to uber obnoxious, never shut the f*ck up Dave.

I like most of the musicians he's had on. I even sat through the Duff interview, and usually that stuttering, stammering, stock market analyzing dope can't get me to the "off" button faster. I hope he gets Scott Weiland from STP on. Or Phil from Pantera. (It usually works better when it's a musician he's a fan of though)

El Cos

• Mohrrior
  • get to the chopppah~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:36:24 am »
yeh I liked the bun b ep. I would love to see KRS come in and do the podcast, that would be crazy!  Also the lita ford ep was cool too!