Please login or register. April 28, 2024, 07:27:41 am

Author Topic: JMS Sponsor Trouble??  (Read 7629 times)

cmgww

• We named the dog Indiana....
    • View Profile
JMS Sponsor Trouble??
« on: February 11, 2013, 04:26:57 pm »
Seems like the show is having trouble bagging new sponsors...Dollar Shave Club, Stamps.com, those strawberry live reads that will end after the 14th, but not a ton else. I know it's early, but should we be worried? I listen on XM, and there are times the entire break is just bumper music. That doesn't happen with Dan Patrick, or any of the ESPN shows. Again, I realize those are big time, proven entities. Terrestrial radio might be different, as local businesses might be picking up ad time. Maybe I need to listen to the local affiliate to see. But I listen on XM b/c I am in sales and cover half of Indiana and can't get the show in the cornfields. But the lack of national sponsors is beginning to be a concern...I'd hate for JJ to get canceled and replaced by some hack.

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
Re: JMS Sponsor Trouble??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »
i think you don't know how radio works.

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »
Please enlighten me then....oh wise one. I know enough to know commercial breaks should contain commercials and not bumper music, even on XM. Again I said I haven't listened to my local affiliate, so I could be wrong if they are running ads. But when JJ himself is calling out for sponsors...he had the Twitter hat trick sponsored by a paper bag, then said, "this could your space, sponsors"...it can't be a good thing.

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:04 pm »
Teh Paper Bag industry is p huge, bro.

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »
i'm not sure where i was going with my earlier comment, i was pretty buzzed last night.

anyway, when I listen on a local affiliate, I get about 50/50 national/local ads, which is the same as it was when Rome was on.

somewhat unrelated - this dollar shave club crap is trying my last nerve. even my local honks are pimping it on their shows. I can't imagine it's going to be that popular, because razors aren't that much of an hassle, and they seem to have shot their wad on advertising. interested to see how long this company lasts.

El Cos

• Mohrrior
  • get to the chopppah~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »
if you think that's bad you should see the TV comercials for it!?

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »
i don't think there is anything to worry about with sponsors

with that said i can't wait til Friday so no more "sherries berries" ads all over Fox sports radio :D

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »
Agreed.....those live reads are beyond annoying. I guess it's an XM/Sirius thing then. I am done with V Day ads on all levels. We get about 10 minutes between Christmas and the start of retarded (oops!) jewelry ads for the 14th.  >:(

Supremecy

• Mohrrior
  • Black Holes and Revelations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 01:57:29 pm »
Jay must be racking in new sponsors as I thought the ad times were much longer then they have every been today.

8)

cmgww

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:19 pm »
Ok, listened to him today on regular AM....full commercials in between breaks. As I said before, it must have been an XM thing...JJ seems to be doing just fine.