Please login or register. May 06, 2024, 10:15:19 am

Author Topic: No more Last Call segment?  (Read 5022 times)

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
No more Last Call segment?
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »
I miss Bryan Callen, Bob Marly, etc.

Did Don give it 2 cufflinks down? I loved that segment! :'(

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

El Cos

• Mohrrior
  • get to the chopppah~
    • View Profile
Re: No more Last Call segment?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 05:35:09 am »
I dont know why it they would axe that segment!?? It makes sense for both parties!? comedian gets out there for a whole new audience, and show benefits for having them on! kinda baffling if they did..don isnt doing right bye that..

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:49:50 pm »
well last friday we did get the amazing Adam Carolla but i don't think it was a last call segment per say

i miss bob marley on thursdays, dude was gold!!

DavidInAlief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »
muh man the frivolity has got to stay within the sports realm...

BuryCats

• Global Moderator
  • Mohrrior
  • @BradHutchings on the Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »
I think he said Bob Marley didn't want to do it anymore. That coincided with when BM locked down all the content on his site and made you pay to get anything. Great business model if it works for you. I'd bet money it's not working for BM though.

the judo madonna

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 09:07:46 pm »
i blame darryl wright. corporate whitey can't handle a black man that's off the chain, so to speak. Django.

i mean, just look at the black dudes that have made it in sports media, whitlock, gumbel, etc. they're just like the dave chappelle skit of the white news anchor. (former pros turned broadcaster don't count)

also, i think it's hard for most comedians to do the spot.

most of them are egomaniacs, and most of them aren't as successful as JJ. i'll let you do the math.

it was frequently a bitchin' segment though, I wish they still did it.

AND MORE SARAH TIANA

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:46 pm »
wait, is Daryl Wright not allowed on the show anymore or something?????????

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:15 am »
as a Mainer i am very disappointed in Bob Marley choosing to leave the show....most of us Mainers have real work ethic and value comedy....sadly he does not reflect us.  Oh well.

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 12:08:30 am »
random fact:  a few Thanksgivings ago I was going to visit some family and I drove neck-and-neck with Bob Marley and his family for a good 200 miles..from Bangor ish to somewhere in NH. 

I was headed to southern NH and down to NY state...Marley and his special car (with logos everywhere) got off somehwere in NH.  it was funny cuz he could hear me bumping Crooked I/Slaughterhouse music at toll boothes and in the occasional traffic jam.  Yes, traffic jams do happen in Maine.  not often though.

Anywho i honestly didn't think Bob Marley was a funny dude at all til I hear him on JJ with that "fart locker" line....now I understand why his CD's were sold everywhere in Maine, including every Dystarts gas station.  Dude is hilarious but sadly seems to be too big to do one 10 minute segment per week on our favorite radio show.  Oh well, shit happens.  At least it means a chance for more Carolla guest visits, am i right? :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:10:59 am by PopsGeez »

PopsGeez

• Mohrrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:11:27 am »
next time Carolla is on the show JJ should ask him some Man Show related questions....the Man Show was the best show ever.